Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2 : cappuccino delivery

Every day around 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon it seems as though my energy level goes from good to completely depleted.  And every now and then I'll get a text from Shawn asking if I'd like a cappuccino from the store.  Um, YES!  

Here's a look at how my day goes:
*5:00-5:30: wake up, nurse and change Whitney, lay her back down.
*6:00: shower and get ready for the day
*7:00-7:30: Brooklyn wakes up, help her get dressed, comb her hair (it's always going every which way, does this kid sleep on her head?), brush her teeth, fix her breakfast and if I'm lucky I get to sneak a bowl of cereal or some toast in.
*8:00-8:30: Whitney wakes up, change her, nurse her, feed her breakfast.
*Mondays and Wednesdays: these mornings are technically 'free' although they never seem to stay that way.  It's these days that I schedule Dr's appointments, hair appointments, dentist appointments, etc.  But when we don't have anything planned we spend it coloring, painting, playdough-ing, reading, etc.  Pretty much anything fun and creative.
*Tuesdays @ 9:30: I volunteer with story hour at the local library and need to be here for setup.  So that means I need to have myself and the girls ready to leave by 9:00.
*Thursdays and Fridays @ 8:30: Brooklyn needs to be dropped off at Preschool.  And although I try to keep these mornings open to soak up some of the quietness that comes with only having one child in the house I usually end up going grocery shopping, and running errands. 
*Thursdays and Fridays @ 11:30: Brooklyn needs to be picked up from Preschool.  If I luck out Shawn will stop in to either come with me to lend an extra set of hands or stay with Whitney so I can run and down to pick Brooklyn up.
*10:30ish: snack time
*12:00-12:30: lunch time, and if I can get both girls to eat lunch and be done by the same time that's an extra bonus.
*1:00-1:30: nap time.  Make sure Brooklyn goes potty, change Whitney, nurse her and pray they both go right to sleep. (phew, I can finally take a breather and relax for a bit).  And if I'm lucky both girls will sleep anywhere between one-and-a-half to two hours.  I'm not going to lie and say that this time is completely dedicated to cleaning, cooking and 'homemaking'. A lot of times I fix myself something for lunch and see what's on our DVR, and if I'm lucky I might catch a little shut-eye.  I almost forgot, I can actually pee in peace when the girls nap.  If you're a not a mom you probably think I'm crazy but you when you are a parent you have no privacy. It always seems that Whitney cries, Brooklyn wants a drink, or both, as soon as I head to the bathroom.
*2:30-3:00: the girls are up!
*3:00-3:30: snack time
*4:00: hit. a. wall.  It's that time of the day when it's mostly over but dinner still needs to be cooked, the dishes from the day need to be washed, and the laundry I put off folding to take a power nap needs to be folded and put away, as well as reloading the washing machine (and it almost always seems to be the girls that have the most laundry, how can 2 mini humans create so many dirty clothes?!)

And I didn't put on here diaper changes, potty breaks, water bottle refills, requests to change clothes (seriously, Brooklyn would go through her entire wardrobe in one day if I let her), loading the dishwasher, switching over laundry, trying to keep the house in order (making it look better would be nice but just maintaining a certain level of cleanliness is a good day).

With that being said can you see why when my husband texts me in the afternoon and asks if I'd like a cappuccino I practically jump for joy??  It's not everyday but when he shows up at the door, cappuccino in hand I know I can make it.  It's like having a little light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel in a cup, and for that I am beyond thankful!

What are you thankful for today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment