Friday, February 3, 2012

butterfly footprints

Let me just tell you how much I love my girls, and that if I could keep them teeny tiny forever, I would.  But since I know they grow up, and all too quickly, I love the idea of preserving some of their littleness. So when they get older and are screaming at me from the top of the stairs they hate me because I won't let them go to the movies with their friends because they didn't get their homework finished on time... I'll still have proof that, at one time, they really did like me ;)


What you'll need :
Canvas (or card stock if you want to frame it)
Paints
Foam brushes


Let your kiddos choose which colors they want their butterflies to be, mix on a plate until you get the desired mixture, and then have them put their 'stamp' on the canvas.  Make sure you do their right foot, then their left for the wings.


Taa-daa!
Even though it looks a little funky, I promise you both of my children do have all of their toes.  
It didn't come out perfect but you get the drift, it's more fun when it's not perfect, it gives each butterfly more character!


Once it's all dry paint the body of the butterfly with a small paint brush, and you're done!  I might go back and put their names on it or a cute quote about being sisters, etc... (and make sure to put the date and how old your child/children are on the back) 

Make it your own and enjoy the keepsake for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment