Thursday, February 2, 2012

crock pot gravy

This is so easy it's stupid! Well, not stupid, delectable actually.
I have tried making pan gravy and gravy from scratch and it never seems to come out quite right... too lumpy, too runny, no taste, too seasoned.  You get the picture.  

And when I make anything in the crock pot I hate to just toss out the juicy deliciousness that is left in the bottom of the pot.  So one night I decided not to, and give crock pot gravy a go. I figured if it turned out awful I'd still have the yummy meal I just cooked, so I'd still be in business - and my family fed.


Only it didn't turn out disgusting, it turned out fabulous!  Like cleaning-my-plate-with-my-finger-after-finishing-my-dinner fabulous.  Why had I not thought of this before?!


Once your meal is done cooking and you've removed it from the crock pot take some of the juice out of the crock pot and add to a small bowl, wisk in 4-6 tablespoons flour and add back into the crock pot.  Wisk until well combined.  Put the lid on and crank it on high for 10-15 minutes, or until it becomes nice and thick.  Spoon over your meal and voila!  It's like putting the cherry on a sundae.

It's delicious because it's gotten all the seasoning from the meal you just made so you don't have to fuss around with re-seasoning it!

Note : if you have a lot of little food bits left in the crock pot give it a quick skim so your gravy is nice and smooth.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment