Thursday, February 2, 2012

crock pot pork tenderloin

This is a super simple, and super yummy, recipe.  Just ask my husband.

What you'll need : 
1 pork tenderloin, this one is about 2.5 pounds.
2 cans chicken (or vegetable) broth
salt
pepper
garlic powder
italian seasoning
rotisserie chicken seasoning (if you don't have this season salt will do)



First, add the two cans of broth to the crock pot.  It's much easier to do this now as opposed to when you've just handled raw pork.

Then, season both sides of your pork.  I go pretty light on the salt because the rotisserie season has some in it already.  I never measure, sorry to all the by-the-book cooks out there, I just eyeball it.


Put the pork in the crock pot.  I did it fat side up but I've done it fat side down before and it's not made much of a difference.  It's fine if the chicken broth isn't covering the meat, in fact it's better if it doesn't because then you get all the seasoned bits when it's time to eat!

Cook on low (no, that's not a typo) for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, this all depends on the size of the pork, if you're unsure if it's done grab a meat thermometer to double check.  Cooking it this way make it super moist and tender... it's hard to just have one piece!


Remember all those seasoned bits I was talking about... oh yeah!


No meal is ever complete without gravy so make some of my crock pot gravy, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment