Sunday, February 5, 2012

homemade window clings

I'm not sure which I love more, Brooklyn's creations or the huge smile she gets on her face once I've displayed her artwork for all to see.  Although at this point our fridge has just about all it can handle... so this is a great way for her to be creative and to have fun with her art after it's done!


What you'll need : 
-liquid glue
-glitter
-food coloring
-paint brushes
-plastic page protectors

You don't have to use a template but I found with Brooklyn it helped serve as a guide on where to paint (and you'll see later on that it really didn't matter...).  Just draw, or print out a picture for them to paint and slide it into the page protector and have at it.


Start by putting some glue in a bowl (in my case a small plastic cup) and mix in the glitter and a few drops food coloring.  I put in just enough glitter so it made the consistency thick enough to paint well on the plastic.


Now, paint!  The more glue, the better because you want it to be able to stick to your window later on.

Also - we ended up doing three (Brooklyn was done after the first two) different colors.  I started out with the first color and after she was done with that color I added a few drops of a different color, I wouldn't add any more than three different colors because then you'll just end up with brown or black.


Our finished product!


As you can see, the heart templates really made no difference but she still had a blast painting.  I think she might still be able to use the bottom part where she but it on really thick.


See how much glue I used?  It's hard to see the glitter not but it'll show up once it's all dry.

Make sure the glue is completely dry before removing the clings, at least a few hours.  This is a good craft to do in the morning then come back to in the afternoon to play with.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment