Monday, August 27, 2012

chalk it up

I love to decorate, I have so many different ideas for our house it's insane. But with decorating (and in most cases, redecorating) rooms it can get expensive so if I can do something on the cheap I'm all for it.
This is a piece of scrap plywood my husband had that was laying around in his shop that I decided to spruce up.


It was really dirty, covered in dirt, dust, and bird poop (I said it was really dirty, didn't I?)


After a good scrubbing it was all ready for some chalkboard paint.


I got a can of spray chalkboard paint from my local hardware store and this was what it looked like after my hubby finished spraying it for me. Isn't he just so sweet?! ;)


My hubby is a third generation Dairy Farmer and also a third generation 'wicked good' sweet corn grower... never heard of that last one?  Well, then you've obviously never had our sweet corn because if you had you'd understand why we call it 'wicked good'!  Anyway, last year we did a corn roast & open house and everyone had such a great time we decided to make it an annual event!


Here's a shot of the machine shed once we got done decorating it... Just wait until you see the before-and-after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment