Wednesday, November 21, 2012

19 & 20

It's amazing how quickly I'm able to fall behind with this daily thankful thing.  It's not that I'm not thankful, more so that I am crazy busy but I really hope that I can finish out strong!  Because I am a few days out I'll condense this post for the past two days.

Day 19: Monday I was able to sit in our living room for the first time and not feel anxiety as to it not being done, and that is major!  It's been a really long two-and-a-half weeks so to get this project finished is huge.  We still have some touch-ups to do, and the walls are really bare so I'm working on ways to make it ours.  But all-in-all I am thankful for being so close to the end of the tunnel with this endeavor!

Day 20: Brooklyn's fourth birthday is next week, and her party is this weekend so on top of all the work we've been doing around the house I've been mentally planning her party.  And last night I got a chance to do a big chunk of shopping to prep for it all.  I am a planner through-and-through.  It's just not in me to throw something together last minute, and I am so detail oriented it's sick.  Shawn asked me when the 'fun' was going to begin.  Translation: "when are you going into planning mode so I know to steer clear of you while you're in the party prep zone."  I'm very type A, especially with events- all things must be a certain way, down to the tiniest (probably irrelevant) details.  But that's who I am, I'm 27 and have no plans of changing myself.  I've been called an over-achiever and that's fine, I take it as a compliment- I believe it's better to exceed expectations than to fall short.  One of my very favorite hair stylists is Robert Cromeans (the man is a genius with a pair of scissors) and there is a quote from him that pretty much sums it up :"never promise more than you can deliver, and always deliver more than you promise."  Amen.  Hello, my name is Sara and I am a type-A party planner, and you know what? I'm thankful for it!  And years from now when my girls look back on all their birthday parties and other events I can guarantee they'll be thankful too.  Really, who would say that they were upset someone really took the time to celebrate a major event in their life?  That's right, no one.


No comments:

Post a Comment