Friday, November 23, 2012

Day 23: acetaminophen

Last night was a doozy.  Whitney must be teething because she got up again only this time she didn't go back to sleep.  Normally our champion sleeper, as soon as I laid Whitney down she'd scream, and not just the 'I'm fussy, give me a few minutes and I'll settle down and go to sleep' cry but the 'This mattress is made out of nails and shards of glass' painful screaming.  After many attempts at laying her down I finally caved and brought her to bed with me, and she fell asleep almost instantly.  Alas, that only lasted about three hours, but once I calmed her down for the second time I was able to get her to sleep in her crib so I got a few hours of actual sleep (no one ever really sleeps well with a child on their chest- when they move you wake up...).

Then when I got up I opened my eyes, sat up, and it felt like someone was playing a bass drum in my head.  Full blown migraine by 8:00 is not exactly how I wanted to start my day.  So after three rounds of acetaminophen and a two hour nap (the star aligned and both girls napped marvelously) I am finally starting to feel like myself.  Amen for acetaminophen!

No comments:

Post a Comment