Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 6: picture retake day!

First of all let me start out by saying I am a total cheese-ball.  I carry my camera with me almost everywhere I go just so if anything exciting happens I won't miss the chance to document it, especially with my girls.  I took weekly photos during both my pregnancy's and once the girls were born I took monthly photos of them the first year and have hundreds of photographs of them otherwise.  I love taking pictures because someday when the girls have children of their own (which had better be at least a good 20+ years from now) they can look back and remember all the good times we had as a family, and when I'm long gone they can have a piece of their childhood forever.
Anyway, back to what I was getting to... a few weeks back Brooklyn's Preschool had school pictures taken which was also on the same day she was out sick.  I was devastated (kinda lame, I know) because this being her first year ever of school how could she be out sick that one fateful day when pictures were taken!  A memory lost!  A chance at documenting such a great time in Brooklyn's life had just slipped through my fingers!  I remember how excited I'd be when it was picture day, and because Brooklyn was out sick we never got to pick out the perfect picture taking outfit, and she never got a chance to wake up elated because it was such a special day.
But then last week she and I were going through all the fun stuff she did at school that day when I saw it, a half sheet of paper informing us that a picture retake day had been scheduled!  To say I wasn't absolutely thrilled was an understatement.  To a total sap like me this was like Christmas morning!
Here's to picture retake day!  Oh man, am I thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment