Friday, November 30, 2012

Daily Calendar

Everyday when Brooklyn gets up it's almost guaranteed she'll ask me these two things:
1) Where is Daddy? 
2) What are we going to do today?

The first always makes me laugh, Brooklyn is a curious little girl and even though she knows the answer to where he is (working) she needs to be reassured and asks anyway.

The second question sometimes stumps me.  Some days she has school, other days we have errands, etc.  So I came up with a way to (hopefully) help in answering this question.

She has been in Preschool since this Fall and absolutely loves it!  She adores her teacher and all her friends.  At her Parent/Teacher conference a few weeks back her teacher told us how she was doing and pointed out a few areas that she needs to work on so I created this Daily Calendar Board to help get me on track with being more organized and I am hoping it will also help Brooklyn.

At times it's hard to get Brooklyn to concentrate or stay focused on any one thing so my goal with this is to present learning in a fun way so it will keep her on task better.

What you'll need:
-metal rings
-foam board
-laminator
-push pins
-sticky back velcro squares (or something similar)




The board all done, the pink envelopes contain all the extra pieces that are not being used.


Calendar section


Today's weather section


Letter and number of the day section, the alphabets are on metal rings so they can easily be flipped to a different letter, or taken apart to play an Uppercase/Lowercase matching game.


Day of the week section.

You can add other sections, but this is just my version, for now.

I'll work on getting the files uploaded in PDF format so you all can download and print them off for your own calendar boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment