Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 18: weekday errands

The number of stores I went to today: 4.

The number of stores I went to that were completely mobbed: 4.

This is the exact reason I do my errands on weekdays.  I think as soon as the weekend hits and people start shopping they turn into idiots.  Sorry, they just do.  Everyone is cranky, in a rush, and running on a short fuse.  I can't blame them, there's nothing fun about going to a big box store on the weekend.

 I don't work outside the home so I have the option to do any shopping needed during the week but when I worked full time before kids I'd go shopping after work, even if it meant hitting the store at 6:00pm, so I wouldn't have to do it on the weekend.  When I think about what I want to do on the one day off my husband has each week I can't say that walking the aisles of a grocery store is in my top 10 list of things to do.  As a matter-of-fact it's not on the list at all.  Who wants to spend their 'family time' doing that?!  "Hey honey, lets pack the kids up and go deal with packed stores, long lines and moody shoppers.  And, if we're lucky, the girls will have a total meltdown in the middle of aisle 7!  Remember last week when they cleared that shelf of canned goods.  Now that's what I call quality time." No, thank you.

We had to do some shopping to finish up our living room project and even though it was just Shawn and I (the girls were at home with my Mother-in-law), I was still irritated!

On this Sunday, the day that I barely rested, I am thankful I can do all my errands on weekdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment