Monday, November 26, 2012

Day 26: "snow!"

Let me first start off by saying that I am personally not thankful for snow.  It's cold, wet and up here in Vermont, lasts for way too long.  I am a warm weather girl, my perfect day would be sunny, 75ish, with a nice breeze.  Ah, a girl can dream right?

This morning I slept in, after yesterdays running around for Brooklyn's birthday party I think I deserved the extra two hours.  Around 8:00 I awoke to the sound of Brooklyn running into my room, before I even had my eyes open she screamed "IT'S SNOWING!  MOMMY, COME LOOK IT'S SNOWING!"  As I stumbled out of bed to see the ground covered in fresh white snow I was almost excited for it too.  I am so thankful for the excitement that such simple things elicit from my sweet little girl.  For me snow means driving on nasty roads, cold feet (and hands, and nose), having to wear extra layers to stay warm, wet floors from melted snow (and wet socks from stepping in said melted snow).  But to Brooklyn it means snow angels and snow men, snowball fights, sledding, hot chocolate, Jack Frost, twinkling Christmas lights and the magic of the season.

It's funny how as we grow older we take these things for granted, I am so thankful she was able to remind me just how exciting these things really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment