Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 12: contractors paper

We are now in the priming/painting stage of the remodeling game and I had purchased some of those flimsy plastic sheets to cover our floors with. Mistake. Those things are crap, they rarely stay in place and I don't know how many times I slipped (with loaded paint roller in hand) and nearly fell.  After trashing them I went to my local home improvement store to find something better.  When I was in the paint aisle I saw what looked like a giant roll of wrapping paper (only it's just brown) and figured I'd give it a try.  When I got home I promptly rolled it out at the base of the wall and went to painting.  This stuff is genius!  I never realized how much time I spent moving and repositioning the plastic floor covering stuff when I was painting, contractors paper is a real time saver and it's really thick so no worries on it soaking through and getting on your floor.  And (best part) you won't slip on it!  Going up and down on the step ladder was already anxiety inducing as it was, not to mention worrying about misplacing your foot and going ass-over-tea-kettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment