Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16: "nothing!"

As I've said before we are in the middle of painting our living room, and part of that painting includes the baseboard heaters.  They were painted a really dark teal (the color of the bottom half the room) so we decided to paint them white to go with out color and to be neutral for any future repainting.
When Brooklyn got up from her nap she asked if she could watch Dora and because I had a lot of the heater repainting to do I caved.  Yes, I used TV as a babysitter, roll your eyes all you want.  I'm not at all thrilled about it but it is what it is, and truth-be-told it was only one episode.
So, during said Dora episode she [Dora] was talking about what she wanted to be when she grew up, then she turned to ask Boots what he wanted to be and once he had answered Dora 'asked' Brooklyn what she wanted to be when she grew up.  As soon as the question was asked Brooklyn spoke right up and proudly declared "NOTHING!"  To which I turned around to see her grinning ear-to-ear.  Just then I had a vision of her, 30-years-old, sitting on the couch eating junk food and refusing to get a job.  Oh, goodness.  Being that she is (almost) four, and changes her mind as often as she changes her socks, I feel confident she won't end up being a free-loader.  Here's hoping she's a successful something-or-other.
For today I am thankful she changes her mind often, because I'm not sure my wallet (or my sanity) would be able to handle it if she doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment