Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25: birthday wishes

Today was a fabulous day!  Brooklyn's party was so much fun.  It was the first party where she had invited her friends so I got to plan some fun activities for the kiddos.  It was a baking party, Brooklyn really didn't give me much to go off of because everytime I asked her what kind of party she wanted she replied "one with cookies and a cake".  So I ran with it, I got the kids bakers hats, aprons that they decorated and then I premade some sugar cookie dough and they all rolled out cookies and while they were baking we frosted cupcakes.  I think I had as much fun as her and all her friends.

Anyway, it was cake time and she was thrilled to have everyone sing to her.  And after we finished I told her it was time to close her eyes, make a wish, then blow out her candles.  Here's how it went:

Me: "...Happy Birthday, to you!  Okay Brooklyn, now you have to close your eyes and make a wish then blow out your candles"

Brooklyn: (as serious as can be) closes her eyes, thinks for a second then very quietly says "I wish for a million dollars"

The room burst out in laughter!  That just about sums up my little girl, always a dreamer, and I hope someday she does get the million dollars she wishes for, or better yet a million moments of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment