Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 27: holding my tongue

How does the saying go?  If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?  I am thankful I remembered that today as I wanted to smack the lady at the post office.  She's not the usual woman I see when I go in, but I hope that I don't have to deal with her again in the near future.

Today I put together a package I wanted to ship (I've actually wanted to ship it for a month now... oy!) and took it to the post office after the girls and I had gone to the library.  I went in, chose the correct sized shipping box and then as I was packaging my items I went to the counter to ask the woman for some tape.  She said "you don't have any? I have some here, but you have to buy it." (ummm... oh yes, I forgot I had some, here it is in my back pocket.  No, I don't have any!  Why the hell would I have asked if I had some with me?!)

BUY IT?!  I'm already paying for the box and then shipping to send it across the country and you can't spare a measly two feet of tape?  It's probably a good thing the girls were with me because it really forced me to hold my tongue.  I don't do well with stupid and this woman just pushed the wrong button.  Here I am at the post office, trying to keep Brooklyn from ripping everything off the shelves and Whitney from crying because she is still strapped in her car seat, and you can't just tape the damn box shut?! If she had any sense she would have just done it to get rid of me... at this point I kind of wished Brooklyn would have tore down a rack of packaging supplies, just to spite her.

So, in the end I brought the box home.  Imagine me trying to carry an infant car seat and a box full of stuff- not pretty, but I'd be damned if I were going to give in to this idiot and purchase a roll of tape when I have some at home.

Oh my, I am thankful today I held my tongue... but next time this lady might not be so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment